Thursday, August 27, 2009

Back to school...


Brendan started his new school this week, and is doing great. He just loves it. We expected the transition from being at home to being back at a different school would be a little rough. Boy, were we ever wrong. He missed being in school and with other kids, so much that he was ready to go. He loves his new teacher already, and she loves him, too. He's having to adjust to switching between the montessori and discovery rooms during the day, but he's doing ok. It's just a little confusing to be Miss Amanda's kid, and leave her and her class to go to a different class. This is mitigated by the pure awesomeness that is bringing his own lunch to school in his own lunch box. What could be cooler than that?!
On the first day,he came home and told Peyton, "I went to classes and had lots of fun and I MISSED YOU, PAINT!!!" By the second day, he was getting frustrated with us because it was taking much too long to get to school. He gets so excited to show everything in his class in the mornings and afternoons. And every morning he has to check on the class pets (three geckos and a mouse) because "they love me."
So, as you can tell, the new school has been a resounding success so far. I really miss having him at home with me, but that's okay because he's having a great time. At least, I've got Mr. P to keep me company.

No comments: